August 1, 2008

THE MOST WITLESS CAT?

A truly witless-looking catI was sat laughing at some of the idiotic pictures of my fellow felines over at The Little Cat Diaries' Most Witless Looking Cat competition this morning, and it reminded me of my rather clueless sister.

Earlier this week, Lilly went out hunting. Now we all like the thrill of the chase, the challenge of stalking our prey, and the final pounce to catch it in our claws. It's normal feline behaviour and, though I know my mum and dad don't really appreciate me returning home with my catches, it's instinctive - something inherent within me that they can't change.

Lilly caught a very fearsome mothIt would be fair to say that Lilly's not the most feline of cats - her wrestling is poor and Josie's all but given up trying to teach her to hunt. But to her credit she went out into the wilds of the garden anyway. I was impressed...until she returned. Josie brings down pigeons almost as big as her. I'm not so experienced yet, but even I can catch a mouse. Lilly came home looking very pleased with herself...with a moth...

A moth?! Is that the best she can do? I nearly wet myself! And to make matters worse, even though I told her not to she insisted on eating it. And she was then ill for two days! If that doesn't qualify her for a witless cat award, I don't know what does. I only wish I had a picture to send to The Little Cat Diaries.

DiggDeliciousStumbleUponredditFacebookTechnorati

6 comments:

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

It must be a sister thing, as Shade tried to catch a moth last night. She has no claws so she is basically useless. Maybe witless but alas no photo.

purrs Goldie

Daisy said...

Well, a moth is a good start!

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Gee. I don't get to go out. You kitties are lucky!

I read info on you on the Cat Blogosphere, and I'm here to say hello, and welcome.

Mickey's Musings said...

We do not go outdoors,but one night when Mom cam indoors a moth came in with her. My sisfur Tillie jumped up and pounced on it and ate it!!!
She did not get sick though ;)
Maybe Lilly will get better with practice :)

Purrs Mickey

TabbyNormal said...

Poor silly kitty... we hope she is okay now. Maybe she will learn from this experience!

Purrs,
Abby Normal

Anonymous said...

i dunno--maybe this doesn't qualify as witless, just not furry ambitious: our aunt-spot-of-blessed-memory used to catch an' eat skeetos!! but mom loved her for it, since she itches like fury when they bite her.

nelson lapurr (i'm 18 this summer, an' the only kitty amongst us who efur saw aunt spotty "in the fur", so to speak)