August 11, 2008

HAVE MY 'OWNERS' GONE CRAZY?

There have been strange goings on in my house over the last few days, and I'm really not sure what to make of them. My mum and dad seem to have lost all sense of reality.

It all started on Saturday morning. I got up around 11am after my mid-morning nap to find mum and dad carring big sheets, large metal tins and brushes into the house. Very odd, but I had my breakfast and then went out for some serious garden time. When I came back a few hours later, the kitchen had changed colour and mum and dad were stood around taking it in and looking very smug with themselves.

I really don't get human behaviour On further investigation, I found out that the tins they'd brought in were full of this gloopy liquid which was the same colour as the new kitchen - 'paint', I think they called it. Turns out that they'd spent most of their day putting this 'paint' onto the walls to change their colour, and that they would then spend the rest of Saturday and all day Sunday doing the same thing again to other bits of the house. They referred to it as 'decorating'.

Can somecat please explain to me what's going on? Why on earth would they spend their time changing the colour of the house when they could be napping or chasing birds? What difference does it make what colour the walls are? I don't get humans, sometimes, I really don't...

DiggDeliciousStumbleUponredditFacebookTechnorati

2 comments:

Sweet Purrfections said...

I agree - why don't the beans learn to accept what they have and learn to relax a little bit?

The Crew said...

Unlike us cats who do not like change at all, humans are constantly changing their surroundings. The key questions are, did they ask YOUR opinion of the color choice? I'd guess "no". Did you snoopervise their work to be sure it was done correctly?