July 23, 2008

LET SLEEPING LIONS LIE, part 1

Us cats don't get much private time, but some things are supposed to be sacred. Going to toilet for example: I don't like anyone watching me when I pee in the litter tray. (Maybe that's just a male thing.) But Dad has started to invade my privacy by taking pictures of me when I'm asleep and posting them on the internet. Like the one below.

I was simply stretched out in the sun, that's all. Can't a cat have a quiet power nap without someone shoving a camera in his face? It's downright rude if you ask me - how would Dad like it if I took a picture of him dribbling and snoring when he's asleep? You should hear him at 3am - it's like a herd of elephants running through the bedroom.

So anyway, to add insult to injury, he's now started a Facebook group called Cat Naps devoted to what he calls "the weird and wonderful sleeping positions" of me and cats like me, and is posting pictures of me asleep for all to see. Despite my new found notoriety in feline circles, I can't help but think this is taking liberties...

DiggDeliciousStumbleUponredditFacebookTechnorati

1 comment:

TabbyNormal said...

Well, I personally think it is flattering that they want to preserve so many aspects of my daily life in their photographs. Maybe it is a mancat thing about litterbox privacy, cause I really don't care about it.

In fact, when I first moved into my new forever home a couple of months ago, I expected my new mom to follow as I led her to my box, and I would do all my business while she stood beside me. She tried to go around the corner to give me some privacy, but I followed her and would not go back until she followed me.

Purrs,
Abby Normal